Crockpot Loaded Potato Soup. Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soup is slightly thickened. Stir in cream, cheese and chives. Top with sour cream (if used), sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
In a saucepan, combine the butter, flour, heavy cream and sour cream. Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup is naturally gluten free and can be easily adapted to be vegetarian. Crock Pot Loaded Baked Potato Soup Recipe. You can cook Crockpot Loaded Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Loaded Potato Soup
- Prepare 3 lb of potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size chucks (approximately 9 medium potatoes).
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese, softened at room temperature.
- You need 3 (14.5 ounce) of cans of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 7 oz of real bacon bits (I used half a 15 oz package of Hormel real bacon bits).
- You need 1 of green onions, finely chopped (optional).
They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but in the case of our marriage, I think they got it backwards. The way to my heart is most definitely with food, but my husband doesn't care. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Crockpot Loaded Potato Soup instructions
- Add potatoes, onion and garlic to Crockpot.
- In large mixing bowl, combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, cream cheese and pepper until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over potatoes, onions and garlic.
- Cover and let cook on low for 8 hrs, or high for 5 hrs..
- During last hour of cooking, add the shredded cheddar cheese and bacon bits..
- Enjoy as is, or top with green onions!.
Crock Pot Loaded Potato Soup is the best! Load up that bowl of soup just like you would a baked potato. The toppings really make the soup so don't skip this part. Put the Ore Ida hash brown potatoes in the crockpot. Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits.