15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice. Add reserved seasonings from bean mix,ham bone, dried beans, stewed or diced tomatoes with liquid and pour in just enough chicken broth until bean mixture is I have made this several times and it is always a family favorite! Nostalgia – this soup brings me back to Grandma's kitchen every time! It's so hearty it really warms down The flavor is all in the spices and the sausage selection.
This spicy black bean soup recipe is quick and easy, made with spicy andouille or another smoked sausage, black beans, tomatoes, and vegetables. Smoky Spanish Vegetable and White Bean Soup with Kale. Smoked sausage or fresh shrimp would be amazing! You can cook 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
- It’s 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- It’s 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s of Seasoning packet from beans.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- It’s 4 cups of filtered water.
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of ham hock.
- Prepare 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of For rice 👇.
- Prepare 3 cups of white instant rice.
- It’s 3 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
I would also suggest making a pan of my buttermilk cornbread to accompany this soup. Vegan, high protein, tasty & easily made in the slow cooker, instant pot or on the stove. You can find packages of bean soup mixes in the dried bean section of your local grocery store. Finally, this soup is great served with cornbread or corn muffins, but crackers work well in a pinch too!
15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice step by step
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
While this soup itself is vegan, I ended up topping it with some shaved parmesan. Stir tomatoes and Cajun seasoning into sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and chopped fresh We Also Love. Discard the seasoning packet – we won't need this! Frontier Soups Gluten Free Natural Soup Mix