Sunchoke Dip. Notes: This hummus-like dip was created by Loretta Barrett Oden of Corn Dance Cafe in Santa Fe and Josiah Citrin of JiRaffe in Los. Transfer the onions and sunchokes to a food processor with the cream cheese, sour cream, pepper, and onion powder, and pulse to combine. This sunchoke and sage dip comes together fairly quickly – a light roast, then a whirl in the blender, and serve – and keeps in the fridge for quite some time.
Raw Sunchokes have a texture similar to water chestnuts and a sweet, nutty flavor. Sunchokes are the bulbous tubers of the plant known botanically as Helianthus tuberosus, a variety of sunflower. Sunchoke Chips with Warm Blue-Cheese Dip. You can have Sunchoke Dip using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sunchoke Dip
- It’s 3-4 of sunchokes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of nutmeg.
- It’s 3 cups of cream cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of mayo.
- You need to taste of salt pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pinenuts.
- Prepare of Shaved parmesian.
This seasonal take on chips and dip is full of deep, rich flavors and perfect for cold-weather entertaining. Sunchokes (AKA Jerusalem artichokes) are gaining popularity for their health benefits. Learn how to grow sunchokes, when to harvest and how to use them. Add roasted beets, sunchokes, and seasonings to a food processor.
Sunchoke Dip instructions
- Sautee onion and sunchoke and garlic until tender. Cool completely..
- In robo coupe blend cream cheese until smooth add pinenuts ..
- Transfer to mixing bowl add mayo and sauteed garlic, onion, and sunchoke..
- Salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve warm or cold with shaved parmesian on top with chips or bread.
Add a little coconut milk and process until smooth, adding more coconut milk as needed. Slice your sunchokes into thin chip-like slices. Note: I scrubbed my sunchokes clean, but did not. Roasted Sunchokes are sliced and tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper, and roasted until caramelized and tender. An EASY way to prepare Jerusalem artichokes!