Buffalo-Coconut Tenders w/ Cucumber-Honey Yogurt Dip.
You can cook Buffalo-Coconut Tenders w/ Cucumber-Honey Yogurt Dip using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buffalo-Coconut Tenders w/ Cucumber-Honey Yogurt Dip
- Prepare 3 of chicken tenders.
- It’s 3/4 C of french fried onions.
- You need 1/2 C of shredded coconut.
- It’s 1/2 C of buffalo sauce.
- You need 1/2 C of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 C of milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 C of Greek yogurt.
- You need 1/3 of cucumber; grated.
- It’s 1 T of honey.
- You need 1 t of ground jalapeño powder.
- You need 1 T of cilantro; chiffonade.
- It’s 1 of lime; zested & juiced.
- It’s of kosher salt and black pepper; as needed.
Buffalo-Coconut Tenders w/ Cucumber-Honey Yogurt Dip step by step
- Marinate tenders in buffalo sauce for 1-3 days. Discard marinade..
- Set up 3 step breading station. First bowl flour, second bowl eggs and milk briefly whisked together, and third is fried onion and shredded coconut mixture. Smash the onions a little bit with your hands before mixing with shredded coconut. Add salt and pepper to the onion mixture..
- Dredge each tender in flour with your left hand and shake off excess. With your right hand, dip and completely cover tenders with egg wash. With your left hand (dry hand), coat each tender in onion mixture. Tip: For breading to adhere better you could re-dip the breaded tenders in egg wash amd again in onion mixture, or freeze tenders before frying, like mozzarella sticks..
- Bake at 350° for approximately 25 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165°. Flip halfway during cooking. Alternatively, fry at 350° for approximately 5-7 minutes or until thermometer reaches 165°.
- Squeeze cucumber to remove excess water which would ruin consistency of dip upon sitting. Whisk together yogurt, lime juice and zest, honey, jalapeño powder, and cucumber. Add a pinch of salt..
- Variations; Coconut extract or milk, grated asiago/parmigiano reggiano/gruyere/romano/parmesean, breadcrumbs, butter, ranch, bleu cheese, rum, vodka, brandy, beer, wine, bourbon, thyme, coriander, creme fraiche, basil, parsely, ginger, rosemary, lemon, horseradish, vinegar, celery seed, fennel seed, shallots, habanero, paprika, tamarind, soy, worchestershire, lemongrass, cumin, mirin, rice vinegar, ponzu, hoisin, oregano, mexican oregano, chile powder, cayenne, dried ranch seasoning, applewood seasoning, bacon, pancetta, chives, scallions,.