Yellow squash cheesy soup. Tender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course. This is a great dish that can be made with low-fat ingredients and is still just as good! Creamy, full of flavor and super delicious!
This easy to prepare soup is the creation of sous-chef Carol McKenzie of the Sebanton restaurant in Longmont, Colorado. Stir in stock,heavy cream, basil and oregano. Yellow squash with cheese, zucchini and onions will also require one-third cup of feta cheese. You can cook Yellow squash cheesy soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yellow squash cheesy soup
- You need 4 of yellow squash.
- You need 1/2 box of Velveeta cheese.
- It’s 2 can of corn.
- It’s 1 of large yellow or white onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 3 clove of garlic.
Make yellow squash with cheese, zucchini and onions with help from an experienced culinary professional in this free video clip. Expert: Erik Scott Berlin Filmmaker: Courtney Shumway. This delicious low-carb Zucchini and Yellow Squash Soup is a recipe that has a lot of sentimental value for me. I first made it when Lisa of Homesick Texan sent me the link to this recipe on Epicurious.com and told me how delicious it was, and it adapted the recipe to be lower in carbs.
Yellow squash cheesy soup instructions
- Peel and chop yellow squash into large chunks. Boil until soft and drain..
- Dice onion and garlic and add to the drained squash. Cook on medium heat. Add the Velveeta, pepper, milk and two cans of corn drained..
- Simmer until onions are soft and cheese is melted. If you like your soup really cheesy add more Velveeta to taste..
- ENJOY! ! Great with a side salad and rolls. You could also do this in the crock pot. Just blanch squash first and then add to crock pot with remaining ingredients for 2-3 hours..
The Best Yellow Squash Recipes on Yummly Yellow Squash Casserole with lots of cheddar cheese and a buttery cracker crumb topping is one of my favorite casseroles to make during the summer months. It's super creamy with tender slices of summer squash and onion. A combination of mayonnaise and sour cream gives it plenty of creamy. Sautéed Yellow Squash – This yellow summer squash recipe with pan blistered tomatoes is a great way to use your garden goodies!