Beef vegetable soup. In a nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, breaking meat into crumbles; drain. Loved it because I used this as a"sample" and created my own. So many beef soups are watery and dull.
It's infused with herb flavour and also gets an extra depth of flavour from the secret ingredient: red wine. Place roast in a large Dutch oven. Add the water, barley, onion, celery, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. You can cook Beef vegetable soup using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef vegetable soup
- Prepare 2 lb of beef chuck or other cut.
- It’s 2 quart of beef stock.
- You need 1 of chopped onion.
- It’s 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of celery.
- You need 2 of bag frozen veggies.
- It’s 1 packages of soup beef bones.
- It’s 4 medium of red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 can of crushed tomato.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- You need of soy sauce.
- You need of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare of chili powder.
- Prepare of ground mustard.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of garlic powder.
- You need of oregano.
- It’s of water.
Ground beef is simmered with diced red potatoes, corn, green beans and carrots in tomato-vegetable juice cocktail in this easy soup. Soup from scratch requires making stock from bones, chopping vegetables and an all day simmer. First, choose ground beef, a quick-cooking, but hearty, meat option. Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect cozy soup and such a good way to use up all those veggies stocked in the fridge!
Beef vegetable soup instructions
- Add coconut oil to pot, salt and pepper beef, then brown it to just rare.
- Remove meat with slotted spoon.
- Saute garlic, onion, celery in same pot in the oil used to brown meat.
- Add 1 quart beef stock and potatoes.
- Bring to boil.
- Add meat back, toss in the bones, add the can of crushed tomatoes, and top off with more stock.
- Once it starts to boil again add the frozen veggies and remainder of stock.
- Make sure it is all emersed in liquid.
- Bring to boil.
- Once boiling lower to simmer, add bay leaf and seasoning.
- Simmer for an hour stirring occasionally.
- Pull out 50 percent of the marrow and mix it well.
- Simmer additional 30 minutes then remove bones and share with a dog.
- Pick out and discard the bay leaves, serve in a bowl and enjoy.
It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the tender chunks of protein-rich beef and abundance of nutritious vegetables. Plus it's a versatile recipe so feel free to replace veggies with others you may have on hand. Skim off and discard any residue that rises to surface. Cans of carrots, corn, green beans, potatoes and tomatoes are combined in a slow cooker with stew meat and onion soup mix in this recipe for a one dish meal. This vegetable beef soup is made with tender chunks of beef, plenty of vegetables and potatoes, all simmered in a tomato broth.