Hearty Beef & Veggie Soup.
You can have Hearty Beef & Veggie Soup using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty Beef & Veggie Soup
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of stew meat.
- It’s 2 of large garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 3/4 cup of red wine.
- You need 3/4 cup of marsala.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of canned mushrooms, drained.
- It’s 14 oz of can diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Prepare 14 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 8 of small potatoes, unpeeled, scrubbed, cut into wedges.
- Prepare 16 oz of baby carrots.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, cut into small pieces.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
Hearty Beef & Veggie Soup instructions
- Combine stew meat, garlic, red wine, marsala, & olive oil in a gallon ziploc bag. Close bag. Shake or squish around. Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight..
- Place beef mixture, mushrooms, & tomatoes in Dutch oven or large pot. Add beef broth. Stir together. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 hr..
- Add potatoes, carrots, & celery. Cover. Simmer for 30 minutes..
- Remove beef & vegetables from pot with slotted spoon into a large bowl. Cover & set aside..
- Stir water & cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Pour cornstarch mixture into pot. Increase heat to medium. Cook & stir until sauce is slightly thickened..
- Return beef & vegetables to sauce. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 30 minutes. Serve..