Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup. Vegan Split Pea Soup – flavorful, hearty soup made quickly and easily in the Instant Pot. Not to mention all the vitamins. We have been getting a lot of cold rainy days lately, which makes it the perfect time to make soup.
This Turkish-inspired Instant Pot split pea soup (or stew) is seriously delicious and filling. Made in a pressure cooker, it's a quick and easy vegan and gluten-free recipe. Tips for making Instant Pot split pea soup. You can cook Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- You need 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium onions.
- You need 2 cups of baby carrots.
- Prepare 8 stalks of celery.
- Prepare 2 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- It’s To taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 lbs of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 8 cups of water.
The great thing about split peas is that they're packed with plant based protein, so this vegan soup stays filling without the meat! Here are a few tips for making it Split peas are already in your pantry, plus chances are you have some navy beans and sweet potatoes too. You can use each ingredient in its own soup, but make sure to throw in this Vegan Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Navy Beans every once in awhile too. Instead, for this Instant Pot split pea soup recipe I use chicken or beef soup bones to create rich broth with You can make delicious and flavourful vegan split pea soup.
Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup instructions
- In true Instant Pot style, chop up all the veggies and put them in the pot along with the rest of the ingredients. With regards to the salt and pepper, how much you add really depends on who you are feeding. I tend to go a little lighter because I like the pronounced pea flavor. My wife likes to go heavy as if there was a piece of ham added. No right or wrong here but just try to target your audience..
- Set the Instant Pot to cook for 30 minutes. Once it is done, let it naturally cool to open the lid. I prefer to leave it on Keep Warm for an hour or so when I have time in order to let the flavors circulate but that is optional..
- After you open the Instant Pot, use a hand blender to purée the soup..
Especially in Instant Pot where high Instant Pot pea soup is perfect for freezing because it contains no starchy pasta or thin flesh. By :Instant Pot Recipe Collection Cookbook. Discover the wonderful world of Instant Pot®! This versatile multi-cooker will change the way you cook—now making dinner can be fast, easy, and fun! Instant Pot® Split Pea Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.