Velvet Beef and Broccoli.
You can cook Velvet Beef and Broccoli using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Velvet Beef and Broccoli
- It’s 1 lb of sirloin tip steak, sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bamboo shoots, cut into matchsticks.
- Prepare 2 of small heads broccoli, chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mirin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oyster sauce.
Velvet Beef and Broccoli step by step
- In a mixing bowl, toss the beef with the baking powder. Cover and put in the fridge for 30 minutes..
- Pull the beef from the fridge and season it lightly with salt and pepper. Add a splash of veg oil, then sear the beef in a large pan on high heat. Fry for about 3 or 4 minutes until the meat is browned..
- Add the garlic and onions to the pan and fry for 2 minutes. Add the bamboo shoots and broccoli and fry another 2 minutes. Add the mirin and fry another 2 minutes. Stir in the oyster sauce and 1/4 cup water and let cook a final 3 or 4 minutes until the broccoli is cooked but still has some crunch. Add extra salt and pepper as needed and serve..