Cheesy potato sausage soup. Click the Bookmark Icon to Add to Your Favories. If you've ever heard of cheeseburger soup, this cheesy Sausage Potato Soup is my interpretation of that! Typical cheeseburger soup has ground beef and lots of Velveeta® cheese, so I changed up a few things; I.
Turn heat to low and add Velveeta & milk, stirring constantly until the cheese is melted. Bring soup to a boil and then add cornstarch/water mixture. Remove from heat & stir in sour. You can have Cheesy potato sausage soup using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy potato sausage soup
- You need 2 of rolls spicey breakfast sausage.
- You need 8 of Youkon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 quart of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 quart of half & half.
- Prepare of Water to cover potatoes.
- It’s 1 of large sweet onion.
- It’s 4-5 of celery stalks.
- You need 1/2 of regular or 3 baby carrots.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 of &1/4 tbs dried parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tbs of white balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 4 Tbs of Flour for thickening.
- It’s 4-6 ounces of mex cheese blend.
- It’s to taste of S & P.
Looking for something hearty, homemade and in a hurry? Savor the Flavors host Brittany Allyn shares her recipe for Cheesy Potato Sausage Soup. To print or save the… Cheesey Sausage Potato Soup. What are the best cheesy potato soup garnishes?
Cheesy potato sausage soup step by step
- Chop celery, onions and carrots. Saute in 2 tbs butter, carrots then celery then onion until tender. Reserve.
- Partially peel Yukons then chop into 1 inch pieces. Add to stock pot with chicken stock and add water to cover. Cook over medium heat until almost fork tender. Reserve.
- Brown sausage and break apart. Drain excess oil. Add sausage, cooked vegetables and parsley to potatoes and stock.
- Over medium heat add 3 tbsp butter. Add flour and brown. Wisk in slowly half & half. Wisk about 5 minutes until thickened then add to pot along with other ingredients. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently until thickened. Add cheese, vinegar, vanilla and salt and pepper to taste.
We love adding extra cheese, sour cream, bacon crumbles and even chives or green onions. The easiest and yummiest Cheesy Potato Soup – just throw it in the crock pot and you're set for a delicious, warm and cheesy soup everyone loves. This homemade soup is loaded with cheese, is very rich and flavorful. It is also one of the easiest meals to cook in the pressure cooker, and it will How do you make Instant Pot Cheesy Potato Soup? This is one of the easiest recipes you can do in the pressure cooker.