Red lentils soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker. This hearty red lentil soup is made with simple ingredients like onions, leeks, carrots, celery, crushed canned tomatoes, and red split lentils.
Be sure to pick through your lentils carefully. I somehow always find pebbles or clots of dirt hiding in their midst. Better to catch them on the front end, before you chip a tooth. You can cook Red lentils soup using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red lentils soup
- It’s 200 gr of Red lentils.
- It’s 4 of small Chopped Tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry mix broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 leaves of laurel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curcumin.
This red lentil soup recipe is both vegan and gluten-free! This creamy red lentil soup is an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that's ready in under an hour. Serve it with a side salad or fresh bread for a full meal. Keywords: lentil soup, middle eastern lentil soup, red lentil soup, red lentil soup recipe, turmeric Red lentils break down more than green, I am surprised this is not just intentionally a creamy soup.
Red lentils soup step by step
- Gather the ingredients and boil in a small pot water for the dry mix of broth. In a medium heat for 3 min..
- Cut the onion and tomatoes..
- Leave tomatoes in a side and cook the onions with a tbsp of broth and the olive oil in medium heat..
- Add the tomatoes and the laurel and cook it till the tomatoes are half cooked. In medium to high heat..
- Then put the lentils, the rest of broth, curcumin, salt and pepper and cook it in medium heat for 10 min. Check if they are cooked depends the kind of lentils. If need more add some broth and keep it in the heat till it's done..
- When they are cooked close the heat and serve. You can add bit of dry chilli to spice up the taste. Enjoy!.
Hearty, filling and comforting – this red lentil soup is healthy, low fat and a perfect vegetarian soup for a cold winter's evening. This red lentil and chicken soup is a quick and easy version of Mulligatawny, the curry-flavored soup popular in Anglo-Indian cuisine. If you're a Seinfeld fan, you might remember it as Kramer's favorite. This light vegetarian soup is enriched with creamy coconut milk and packed with nutritious ingredients like ginger, spinach and limes. When the lentils are cooked, blend the soup, add the lime juice and check the.