Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup.
You can have Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup
- You need 24 oz. of jar sweet roasted red peppers, drained.
- It’s 2 cups of carrots, diced canned is ok but drain & rinse.
- You need 2 cups of potatoes, peeled & diced (canned ok but drain & rinse).
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz.) of tomatoes, diced or crushed variety w/ juices.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of Chicken broth, can substitute vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of basil.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Roasted Red Pepper and Vegetable Soup instructions
- If you roast your own red peppers, get busy. I use jarred red peppers and drain in a colander..
- Peel and roughly chop (we are gonna puree once cooked) carrots, potatoes and onions. If you use any canned vegetables, drain and rinse them off. I find that rinsing canned vegetables helps to improve the taste and removes the flavors of the canning process. If you think I've lost my mind on this one that's ok too, but try it :).
- I had a crazy schedule so I threw vegetables, broth, tomatoes and seasonings in the crockpot on high until I was ready to puree. If you use a pot on the stove top, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer. Cooking time will depend on if you used canned or fresh but make sure you cook long enough to puree successfully..
- Once all the veggies are fall apart soft or you return home from chaos……Puree until smooth, using either a stand or submersion blender. Salt and pepper to taste..
- I store in the fridge and it's my delicious lunch for the week. Enjoy!.