au gratin potatoes. I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! I would mince the onion and mix it throughout the potatoes. TESTED & PERFECTED RECIPE – Potatoes Au Gratin is the ultimate comfort food with sliced potatoes, heavy cream & grated cheese.
Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French classic is made with layers upon layers of finely. Learn how to make rich and creamy au gratin potatoes in four easy steps. You can cook au gratin potatoes using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of au gratin potatoes
- You need 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 of paprika.
- Prepare 6 of potatoes, sliced into 1/8 in slices.
- You need 1 of onion sliced into thin slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded chedder cheese.
Rich and creamy with a satisfying crispy crust, au gratin potatoes make a delicious. Potatoes au gratin is layers of thinly sliced spuds together with a creamy sauce and melted cheese. Cheesy potatoes au gratin is a classic side dish that's easy to prepare and is always a crowd-pleaser. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese.
au gratin potatoes step by step
- preheat oven 400°F.
- in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. mix in flour, salt, garlic, and whisk for one minute. add milk and bring to boil, then turn heat to medium and whisk until thickened. stir in cheese and continue stirring until melted together, about one minute..
- lightly grease casserole dish and pour some cheese sauce on bottom of dish, then layer potatoes and then onion rings on top and sprinkle with paprika. layer in this order til there are no more potatoes and onion, pour last of sauce on top and sprinkle with breadcrumbs, cover dish with aluminum foil.
- bake dish for 1 and 1/2 hours, optional( last 5 minutes put in broiler for crunchy top).
Potatoes Au Gratin is a French classic recipe, perfect served in colder weather as a side dish. It has a delicious, fondant base made with thinly sliced potatoes, covered in cream, which creates the most. This healthy Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes recipe is a clean-eating, savory, and easy upgrade to an old classic. Bake this savory side as a gluten-free accompaniment to your main protein. This cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe beats all other potato side dishes out there.