Fall into White Bean Chicken Chili.
You can cook Fall into White Bean Chicken Chili using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fall into White Bean Chicken Chili
- Prepare 2 pounds of organic free-range boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1 1/2 of organic yellow onion, diced.
- You need 4 stalks of organic celery, sliced.
- You need 3 (4 ounce) of cans fire-roasted diced green chili peppers.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of cumin.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of chili powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of red chili flakes.
- Prepare 3-4 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of fresh ground cracked pepper.
- You need 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 4 cups of organic chicken broth.
- It’s 1 (13.5 ounce) of can EACH organic cannellini, navy, and white northern beans.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen fire-roasted corn.
- Prepare of To serve: organic shredded monterey jack cheese, lime wedges, chopped cilantro, sour cream, hot sauce.
Fall into White Bean Chicken Chili step by step
- Combine the chicken, onions, celery, green chili peppers, garlic, cumin, chili powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt and pepper in a large slow cooker..
- Stir to make sure the spices coat everything, and nestle the chicken into the vegetables..
- Pour the chicken broth on top, covering the chicken and vegetables..
- Place the lid on the slow cooker..
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low..
- Remove the lid of the slow cooker and add the beans, tomatoes and corn. Taste and add another 1/2 teaspoon of salt, chili flakes and other seasonings, as desired. Add the lid back on and cook on low for another hour..
- Lift the chicken from the slow cooker and shred it into small pieces with two forks. Stir the chicken back into the soup and cook on low for one more hour..
- Scoop about 1-1/2 cups of beans out of the pot and blend/mash for a few seconds. Add the mashed beans back into the pot (for thickness). Add 1 cup of shredded cheese into the pot and stir to melt..
- Serve with shredded cheese, lime wedges, chopped cilantro, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), and tortilla chips..