You can have Sauerkraut Pie using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Pie
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped sauerkraut drained.
- Prepare 2 batches of muerbeteig crusts see my recipe.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk, I used evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 12 ounces of hotdogs, optional.
- It’s As needed of nonstick spray.
Sauerkraut Pie step by step
- Make the Muerbeteig crust and put into the refrigerator for 2 hours..
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Beat the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla..
- Drain the sauerkraut well. The draining is very important if you don't it will be too wet. Chop the hotdogs into bite sized pieces..
- Mix all the ingredients except the muerbeteig crust..
- Roll out the dough, for the first crust on the bottom..
- Spray nonstick in a 10 inch oven safe skillet, and put the crust in the pan pushing all air out in between the crust and skillet..
- Pour the sauerkraut mixture into the crust.
- Add the other crust on top and cut slits into the top to release steam as it cooks..
- Bake in the oven 45-50 minutes..
- Let cool serve I hope you enjoy!.