Tomato Eggdrop Soup. We have re-tested it, improved it, and updated it. The Chinese name of egg drop soup is Dan Hua Tang (蛋花汤) which literally means "egg flower" soup. I presume it refers to the It's very simple to produce this egg drop soup with tomatoes.
This homemade Chinese egg drop soup with tomato is soothing and utterly comforting, especially on a cold day. Must Eat Shrimp Egg Drop Soup Recipe, CiCi Li – Asian Home Cooking Recipes. Here is a recipe for making another eggdrop soup with pork & tomato + spicy ingredients. You can have Tomato Eggdrop Soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato Eggdrop Soup
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes; diced.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Ketchup.
- It’s of White pepper.
- Prepare of Cornstarch slurry.
- You need of Sesame oil (optional).
- You need of Cilantro (optional).
Good for rainy days or cold weather. Egg drop soup, possibly the most popular home style soup can be made with lots of various versions. If you have a pre-made chicken stock Successful tomato egg drop soup has a strong sweet and sour taste. Without the help of canned tomatoes, I fry one.
Tomato Eggdrop Soup step by step
- Boil up some hot water..
- Throw in the tomatoes. Simmer until tomatoes break down..
- Add a scoop of salt, a few scoops of sugar, and a squirt of ketchup..
- Add in the cornstarch slurry until desired thickness..
- Scramble your egg in a separate bowl. Reduce heat to low and “drop” in..
- Sprinkle a dash of white pepper, a drop or two of sesame oil, and some cilantro. Adjust flavors as needed. Enjoy!.
Dinner Tonight: Tomato Egg Drop Soup Recipe. I have a huge soft spot for egg drop soup, specifically the Chinese-American version I first tasted as a kid. You know, the kind that's golden yellow with shards of cooked egg? Tomatoes: A natural sunblock for your skin. I had some leftover bacon from a spaghetti sauce I made last weekend so I decided to add them into this tomato egg drop soup.