Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup.
You can have Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 2 of large white onions.
- Prepare 2 of leeks.
- You need 3/4 quart of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- It’s To taste of salt and ground black pepper.
- You need 2/3 stick of butter salted.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar Monterey jack cheese.
Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup step by step
- Wash the leeks very well. Slice in half. Use all the white part, and the tender green part. Just make sure you rinse the leeks properly. Slice them thinly on a bias..
- Peel and slice the onion. Heat the butter and add the leeks and onions..
- Add the seasonings mix and sauté for 10 minutes.Then add the broth..
- Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes covered..
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese with Monterey jack. I hope you enjoy.