Veg Shepherd's pie. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. The perfect hearty entree for colder weather. This is the perfect comfort food which is plant-based, gluten-free and easy to make.
And did you hear me when I said veg only? Honestly, we don't even need the. Veg Shepherd's Pie – Shepherds pie is traditionally made with minced meat, but we made a vegetarian version for you to try out and indulge in on a rainy day. You can have Veg Shepherd's pie using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Veg Shepherd's pie
- It’s 10 tbsp of cheese spread.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion (chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of chopped carrot.
- You need 4 tbsp of chopped beans.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of chopped cauliflower.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped mushroom.
- You need 1 of medium sized potato (mashed).
- Prepare 1 cup of liquid milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of refined oil.
The Best Vegan Shepherd's Pie features protein rich lentils with a medley of vegetables in a rich gravy, topped with classic mashed potatoes and baked to perfection for a rustic. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Jamie's vegan shepherd's pie recipe is a warm and comforting treat; topped with a root mash and breadcrumbs this vegan shepherds pie is a real crowd pleaser. Filling and comforting vegan shepherd's pie made with a delicious veggie-packed veggie mince and creamy mashed potatoes.
Veg Shepherd's pie instructions
- Heat oil in a pan..
- Add chopped onion and saute for 2 minutes..
- Now add all the vegetables and cook until tender..
- Add ginger paste, soy sauce, tomato sauce, crushed black pepper, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt and stir continuously till vegetables become dry..
- Now heat butter in a pan..
- Add chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds..
- Add liquid milk, crushed black pepper, flour, 5 tbsp of cheese spread and mashed potato..
- Place the vegetables in the bottom layer of the baking dish, then sprinkle the melted cheese and add the mashed potato layer over it..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C..
- Now bake the dish to 180 degrees C for approx 30 minutes or until brown..
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving..
Here's the very best vegan shepherd's pie! The hearty veggie and lentil filling contrasts fluffy potatoes in this stunning plant based dinner recipe. A warming vegan supper with porcini mushrooms, leeks, carrots, and butternut squash, topped with crispy. Shepherd's pie is pure comfort food, and this vegan version will satisfy the taste buds of the vegetarians in the crowd. All Reviews for Traditional Style Vegan Shepherd's Pie.