Potato and Leek Soup. Potato leek soup is simple to make, but first you have to deal with the leeks. They're notoriously sandy and dirty, and very good at hiding it, so be sure to wash them well. Start by cutting off and discarding the root ends and thick dark green parts.
Nothing's better than a bowl of hearty potato soup on a chilly day. To make this soup, cook chopped leeks in a little butter, then add diced potatoes, stock, and herbs. Leek and Potato Soup is a thick and creamy classic French Potato Soup that starts with garlic butter in which leeks are slowly sautéed to bring out the sweet flavour. You can have Potato and Leek Soup using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato and Leek Soup
- Prepare 6 of medium potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need 2 of leeks cleaned and chopped, white and light green part.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can chicken broth.
- It’s 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
It's simple to make, cosy and comforting yet also luxurious and elegant. I love how this Leek Soup can be Couch Food OR an. This delicious potato and leek soup comes together in just a few minutes. The best part: You can serve it cold or hot, depending on the season.
Potato and Leek Soup step by step
- In 3 qt sauce pan simmer potatoes in chicken broth until very tender.
- In a skillet melt butter and sauté leeks until tender, do not brown.
- When potatoes are tender, mash in broth, add leeks and cream.
- Simmer another 5 to 10 minutes, season with salt and white pepper.
- If you prefer it very smooth, after adding leeks blend a blender in batches before adding cream.
The enduring popularity of potato and leek soup is no mystery. The two vegetables are a perfect pair: Potatoes lend the soup a comforting starchiness. This leek and potato soup recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Food. Potato Leek Soup is a simple, flavorful soup that is total comfort food.