Chicken pot pie. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and Sometimes people think of chicken pot pie as boring freezer food, but when it's done right, made. This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is made by poaching uncooked chicken in stock and milk which is then used as the broth for the creamy filling.
Chicken pot pie is easily one of the most popular recipes stateside with many different variations within the US. To many food enthusiasts, the dish can be considered among the top ten must-try American. This from-scratch Chicken Pot Pie is adapted from Marshall Field's classic recipe. You can have Chicken pot pie using 21 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken pot pie
- Prepare 2 of medium chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of refrigerated pie crust box.
- You need 2 of medium red potatoes diced.
- You need 3 of carrots sliced.
- It’s 3 stalks of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 can of green beans.
- Prepare 1 can of corn.
- It’s 1 bag of frozen peas.
- You need 3 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of Olive oil.
- It’s 3 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cyan pepper.
- You need 1 tbs of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- You need 5 tbs of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 c of milk.
With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source.
Chicken pot pie step by step
- 1. Chop carrots, celery, and onion into small pieces. Peel potatoes, then chop into small square shape pieces. 2. Place a skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbs of oil and 3 tbs of margarine or butter. Add vegetables, potatoes, and minced garlic. 3. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, bouillon cubes, and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir periodically. 4. Once vegetables are relatively tender, add 3 cups of broth and reduce heat to low heat. 5. Combine 1/2 cup milk and 4-5 tbs flour.
- 6. To make a slurry it should have the consistency of pancake batter Add slurry to skillet, then stir in well 7. Add 2 large chopped boneless chicken breast. Cook until the chicken turns white and the filling thickens. Once done, stir in sour cream add the corn,green beans and frozen peas roll out one refrigated pie crust to fit in side of your cooking dish fill with your mixture place the other pie crust on top seal the edges with a fork make slits on top to allow Bush with butter and bake.
- Pre heat oven to 350 and cook for 30 to 35 min or until crust is nice and golden.
How to make chicken pot pie. To begin, dust a clean, dry work surface with flour and place the puff pastry over top. For the chicken: Start by putting the chicken in a pot and covering it with water. Bring the water to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. If the last chicken pot pie you ate came from a little green box in the freezer section, you've been missing out on arguably the most classic — and most indulgent — of chicken dinners.