Onion soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. How to make French Onion Soup.
It's such an easy way to start a multi-course meal or, paired with a side salad and sprouted bread, a simple lunch or dinner. French Onion Soup is essentially caramelised onion in soup form topped with cheesy bread. Caramelising onions calls for patience, but it's worth it. You can cook Onion soup using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion soup
- You need 2 of onion.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlics.
- It’s 500-700 ml of Chicken/ beef stock.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Sugar.
- It’s of Pepper.
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. If you've only eaten French onion soup in restaurants, you'll be shocked at how easy it is to make in. You can add any ingredients you want and it will. Learn how to make French onion soup with this classic French onion soup recipe!
Onion soup instructions
- Put the onion and garlics into the pan with medium low heat. Keep stir frying until it become transparent. (8-10 minutes).
- Add salt and pepper, and keep stir frying..
- Put in sugar when the onion become caramelised. Keep stirring until it become gold in color.
- Put the chicken stock (beef stock is also okay). Turn to low heat and keep boiling for 40 mins (or more).
It's easy to make, full of amazing flavor, and can be made vegetarian by using vegetable stock. Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. This soup is absolutely, positively, undeniably out of this world. It's the crouton—half crisp and covered with cheese, half submerged and soaked in the delicious onion broth.