Easy Country Pot Roast. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend! Not only does fat deliver flavor, it This recipe was so easy and absolutely delicious!! The key really is browning the roast beforehand and the wine Omg.
Pot roast is more of a method than a specific cut of meat. To make it, sear a large cut of beef until browned on all sides, and then cook it with aromatics like herbs, onions, carrots, and broth until it's. Slowly stir into dutch oven, bring to a boil. You can cook Easy Country Pot Roast using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Country Pot Roast
- It’s 1 (4 pound) of beef chuck roast.
- You need 1 tsp of Bacon drippings (or olive oil).
- You need 1 of Garlic salt.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Baby carrots.
- It’s 10 of small Potatoes.
- It’s 10 of Pearl onions.
- You need 3 of Parsnips, cut in 1 inch strips.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Celery, chopped.
- You need 4 clove of Garlic, smashed and sliced.
- You need 5 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 envelope of Pot Roast or stew seasoning.
- Prepare 1 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
Serve gravy with roast and vegetables. This good old-fashioned pot roast is served with a rich gravy made from the cooking juices and the vegetables simmered with the meat. On waxed paper, coat roast with flour. This easy pot roast seasoning was developed out of a need for a great seasoning that we could grab and slather on a big chuck roast!
Easy Country Pot Roast instructions
- Sprinkle the roast with garlic salt and pepper..
- Melt the bacon drippings in a large frying pan on high heat..
- Gently place the roast in the pan..
- Sear all sides of the roast including the edges..
- Holding the lid over the majority of the pan, quickly pour in 3 cups of water. Steam will be hot..
- Reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer for 4 hours..
- An hour before you want to eat, add all the veggies. Arrange them around the meat so they are mostly covered with broth..
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over everything, cover and turn up the heat to medium low..
- Divide the meat into chunks after 30 minutes so the broth can flavor the meaty morsels even more..
- Simmer for an hour, allow to sit 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!.
We use this seasoning on our Instant Pot Pot Roast recipe, but you can use it in any pot roast recipe whether you are plopping it in the oven, slow cooker, or the. Use some additional water if it is to cook that long. This has to be the easiest way to make pot roast. I will brown my meat before placing in the crock pot and the deglaze the pan with the beef broth. Faster No Knead Bread – So Easy ANYONE can make crusty artisan bread.