Cinnamon Apple Crisp.
You can cook Cinnamon Apple Crisp using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Apple Crisp
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 1 cup of firmly packed brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 1/2 lb of apples, I recommend honey crisp, original recipe calls for granny smith.
- You need of Topping.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
Cinnamon Apple Crisp step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Butter a 13 x 9 x 2 in. baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Add them to brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and mix well..
- Combine flour, plain sugar, and butter and mash with pastry blender or fork. Keep mashing until mixture becomes crumbly..
- Spread apple mixture in pan evenly. Spread the flour mixture evenly over the apples..
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, then adjust temperature to 350°F and bake for about another 30 minutes. Remove when the apples are tender and the crisp is golden brown..
- Let stand 15 minutes and then serve..