Vegetarian wonton soup. Vegetarian wonton soup with tofu, broccoli and wood ear mushrooms as filling. It becomes very warm in my city and everything spring is so nice and inspirational. Prepared with vegan wonton wrappers, a vegetarian tofu filling, and vegetable broth, our twist on the classic soup is a savory, healthy hot soup.
There are basically two parts, the wontons, and the soup. The Vegetarian Wonton Soup Recipe is one of the easiest soups to make when you have the dumplings/wontons also known as momos ready. The wonton soup gets its full-bodied flavor from. You can have Vegetarian wonton soup using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian wonton soup
- It’s 1 package of round wonton wraps.
- Prepare 1 bag of vegetarian morningstar ground beef.
- It’s 1 c. of small diced jicama.
- It’s 1 c. of finely chopped carrots (pulse in chopper).
- You need 1 c. of small diced celery.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro stem finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 c. of diced cabbage.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- It’s 2 tbs of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of large carrot cut like flower.
- It’s 5 of nappa cabbage leaves cut bite size pieces.
- You need 6 of mushrooms sliced.
- It’s 1-2 of veg. soup bullion or 1 tsp mushroom msg.
This vegan wonton soup is made with savory shiitake stuffed wontons and crispy napa cabbage in a light gingery broth. These wontons are filled with a juicy pork and prawn / shrimp filling and will Wonton soup. If you've ever had store bought frozen wontons or wontons from a good value. I love wonton soup, especially when it is full of veggies, which helps make it more of a meal.
Vegetarian wonton soup step by step
- Add ground beef, jicama, celery, cabbage, finely chopped carrots, ground pepper, oyster sauce in frying pan on medium heat. Mix well, add seasoning per your taste. Lastly add chopped cilantro stem. The finer the ingredients, the easier to wrap in wonton wrappers..
- Fill a small bowl or dipping cup with water. Put wonton wrapper in left hand, use right index finger to dip in water and wet around the edge. Scoop 1 tbs of ground beef mix into the center of wonton and fold in half sealing it tight. Set aside and repeat this step until all wonton used. Below I put it in a container separated by saran wrap to put in the freezer..
- Various ways to make wontons.
- Another way…
- To make the soup… in a medium pot, boil water, add soup bullion or mushroom msg, flower carrots, nappa cabbage for 10 minutes..
- While you are boiling soup, boil another small pot of water. Add either fresh or frozen wonton dumplings and boil for 7 minutes. Remove dumpling into bowl and pour soup on top, seasoned with cilantro leaves and ground pepper if needed..
Unfortunately, my local Chinese takeout restaurant makes a basic one with broth only. A comprehensive guide to making wonton and wonton soup. The recipe is the authentic wonton noodels of Hong Kong. (And a note on the Malaysian wonton mee). Vegan wonton soup is the perfect comfort food to enjoy while you're sick! Wonton soup was never something I absolutely LOVED when I was a meat-eater, but anytime I see it at vegetarian Chinese.