You can have Penne Vodka using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne Vodka
- Prepare 2 cans of Crushed Tomatoes, 28 oz each.
- It’s 1 can of tomato paste, 6 oz.
- You need 1 cup of minus 2 tbsps good quality vodka.
- You need 1 half of vadalia onion, sliced in strips (or more to taste).
- Prepare 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
- You need 4 oz of Prosciutto, sliced in thin strips.
- It’s of Few sprinkles each of pepper, kosher salt, garlic salt, sugar.
- It’s of Up to 1qt HEAVY CREAM (must use heavy for correct consistency).
Penne Vodka instructions
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil, over medium heat, until soft.
- Add prosciutto and cook about 1 minute.
- Add vodka, turn UP heat to med-hi, and cook until booze burns out, about 4 minutes.
- LOWER heat to medium-low and add crushed tomatoes and paste, stir.
- Add pepper, salts, and sugar, stir.
- Turn UP heat until boiling (watch!) then lower heat to low. Cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream, half a cup at a time until desired flavor is reached. I usually use just under a full quart.
- Let simmer until bubbling, and add any extra salt or pepper desired. Stir. Turn off heat.
- Add pasta and serve immediately. This makes enough sauce for about 2 lbs pasta. Enjoy!.