Penne alla Vodka. This penne alla vodka is tender penne pasta tossed in a rich and delicious tomato, vodka and cream sauce. Add a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and you'll have a restaurant quality meal in the comfort. While vodka itself does not provide any.
Here's the secret to how we made our favorite Penne Alla Vodka recipe at Delish. Penne Alla Vodka – perfectly hearty and tender penne pasta is tossed with a creamy and vibrant, San Marzano tomato based and vodka infused sauce that's seasoned with fresh herbs and parmesan. Add vodka, dried basil, red pepper flakes, and salt. You can cook Penne alla Vodka using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Penne alla Vodka
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 pinch of hot pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vodka.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmiggiano reggiano.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta.
Frequently served with penne, positively magical with rigatoni, this vodka sauce is is a powerhouse of tomato flavor smoothed over with the silky richness of heavy cream. Penne Alla Vodka from Barefoot Contessa. Level: Beginner. ¼ cup good olive oil. I love penne alla vodka and have been a devotee of Ina's recipe for years, which takes Tieghan's vodka sauce takes a fraction of the time and relies on garlic, crushed red pepper flakes, and, most.
Penne alla Vodka step by step
- In a non stick pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute, add the hot pepper flakes, oregano and stir to combine. Add the vodka and cook until it’s reduced by half..
- Add the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to low, cook partially uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Meanwhile fill a large pot with water add in a generous sprinkle of salt and bring it to a boil..
- After the 45 minutes season the sauce to taste and add the heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 8 to 9 minutes. This is the perfect time to add the pasta to the salted boiling water..
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, turn the heat off and add a few fresh basil leaves and the grated parmiggiano. Stir to combine and serve right away..
This creamy penne alla vodka recipe has a perfect blend of creamy marinara sauce and just the The ingredients are simple, but the method that you use is important. First, Penne Alla Vodka is meant to. Today I'm bringing you one of my all-time favorite dishes: The BEST penne alla vodka recipe I've ever made. Yes, I did say the BEST – or at least, in my humble opinion. Does Penne alla Vodka have vodka?