Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup. A delicious, low calorie (but filling) way to enjoy cabbage! Also, with low calorie soups like this one, I feel better about eating a big, fat cheese crisp alongside it (tortilla recipe here!) which is exactly what I did. Low Calorie Spicy Cabbage Soup Oatmeal with a Fork.
Original Cabbage Soup Recipe (for Cabbage Soup Diet) Luckily, low fat and low calorie soups can still be super flavorful and satisfying, and are easy to make at home. What cauliflower lacks in color, it makes up for in nutrients. You can cook Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup
- Prepare 1/2 head of cabbage-chopped.
- You need 1 cup of celery-chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of onion-diced.
- You need 1 cup of carrots-diced.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper-diced.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic-minced.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 14 oz of can basil,oregano,garlic diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of black pepper to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (optional).
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey-if desired.
A member of the same family as broccoli, cabbage, and kale, cauliflower makes a wonderful base for a soup. The other two-thirds comes from lost water weight and Like other very-low-calorie diets, the Cabbage Soup Diet is likely to cause weight loss if you can stick to it for one week. The cabbage soup diet comes in a few different versions, but the basic premise is a recipe for homemade, fat-free cabbage soup and a list of specific, low-calorie foods to eat on different days in addition to the soup. In short, this an extremely low-calorie diet.
Low fat-low calorie cabbage soup instructions
- Heat 2 T. Olive oil in a large pot. If using ground turkey, brown. Add celery,onions,bell peppers and carrots. Saute until slightly tender. Stir in garlic. Pour in chicken broth. Stir in tomatoes and cabbage. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cook until cabbage is tender. Stir in spices. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve and enjoy..
Soup is one of those foods you can't help but love! Not only is it wonderfully delicious and warming on a chilly day Eggs are high in protein and fairly low in fat, and they're surprisingly filling as well! Adding them to this Asian-inspired soup makes it a wonderful meal. Full nutritional breakdown of the calories in The Original Cabbage Soup Diet based on the calories and nutrition in each Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Anyone can prepare a low calorie cabbage soup recipe using fresh vegetables, herbs, and spices.