Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili. Tender sweet potatoes actually pair really well with black beans, and this chili might be super low in calories but it's crazy high in flavor and heartiness. The sweet potatoes and beans make it very filling. This is in my regular rotation!
I didn't have chipotle powder so I. This Turkey Sweet Potato Chili recipe is so good, you might want to double it!! It's made with no beans, but you can of course add them if you wish! You can cook Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili
- It’s 14 oz of Sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 3/4 inch chunks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- It’s 28 oz of Tomatoes plus their juices.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 14 oz of black Bens cooked or canned.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add seasonings, from the chili powder to the red pepper. Tahini-Roasted Chicken Thighs with Quick-Pickled Onions and Currants. Add the ground turkey and cook until crumbled and combined with the onions.
Turkey, Sweet Potato, Black Bean Chili step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper..
- Toss sweet potato chunks with 2 tablespoons of the oil until well coated, then spread on baking sheet in single layer. Sprinkle with Sea Salt. Roast for about 20 minutes stirring a few times. Let cool..
- Meanwhile heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large, heavy bottomed pot over medium heat. Once oil simmers, add onion, garlic, cumin, paprika, chili powder, & sea salt, stirring to coat. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until softened..
- Add turkey cook stiring until meat is cooked through & moisture had evaporated about 20 minutes..
- Add tomatoes & juices & sea salt. Increase heat to high & add water. Once mixture boils, reduce to low heat & cook uncovered for 20 minutes..
- Stir in beans & sweet potatoes, taste & adjust seasoning as needed. Cook for 15 minutes to blend flavors..
- Divide among individual bowls. Serve hot..
Add the sweet potatoes and chicken stock (or bone broth) and bring to a. No-Bean Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili, my FAVORITE chili recipe!! This turkey sweet potato chili recipe is healthy, cozy, comforting, and easy to cook. It makes great leftovers for meal prep! One thing I probably would do next time I make this is to cut the sweet potatoes a bit smaller.