Hearty Turkey and Bean Chili.
You can cook Hearty Turkey and Bean Chili using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hearty Turkey and Bean Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Turkey.
- You need 28 oz of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 15 oz of kidney beans (drained).
- It’s 15 oz of chili beans (undrained).
- It’s 15 oz of corn (drained).
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green or red pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, halved.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Hearty Turkey and Bean Chili instructions
- Mince garlic and chop onion, toss in saucepan w olive oil and sautee until translucent.
- Add turkey and cook until browned, breaking up meat into smaller chunks with wooden spoon and stirring occasionally.
- Drain off excess fat/liquid.
- Add turkey mix to deep pot, throw in all canned stuff with green pepper and jalapeno..
- Season with lots of cumin, chili powder, oregano. You really can't use too much..
- Carefully add a little salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste, as well as the lemon juice..
- Simmer on low-med at least 30 minutes. Longer is better, but will make chili thicker..