Gypsy Soup. There are some recipes I ate as a kid that just don't hold up as well This soup isn't one of them. Since I was little, it's been an annual autumn meal and remains a favorite to. My changes to the Gypsy soup recipe found in Mollie Katzen's Moosewood Cookbook to reduce fat, calories and sodium.
Aah, yes, soups, stews & such! All this nutrition in a pot on the back burner will keep us healthy. Party hopping during the holidays, eating here there and on the go – I seem to have gotten. You can have Gypsy Soup using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gypsy Soup
- Prepare 1 of splash of olive oil.
- It’s 2 of roughly chopped onions.
- Prepare 4 stick of of celery, chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of sweet potato/kumara, cubed.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 5 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tumeric.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet basil.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 of capscicum, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tamari/ soy sauce.
To make this soup, first chop up a sweet potato, onion, three celery sticks and two cloves of garlic. I am making Gypsy Soup which is made of many unusual things, including weeds." It was then that my dear mother taught me to make Gypsy Soup, and it was delicious. Welcome to Gypsy Soup: Hands-On-Cooking Show featuring your hostess, Stacey Wackerman. Special guest demonstrators are Brian Mayes and Meagan Mayes making cinnamon twists, cucumber.
Gypsy Soup instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot and add onion and celery. Sweat for five – ten minutes until starts to glisten.
- Add the sweet potato and garlic and sweat for another five or so minutes.
- Add the water amd all spices except for the salt and soy sauce.
- Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and all other vegetables. Simmer for a further 10 -15 minutes.
- Add the salt and soy sauce (tamari is a gluten free option if you need it)..
- Stir through, check your seasonings and serve..
- Note : you can use any vegetables really. As long as you have a root vegetable and something green for colour. I've used potatoes and brocolli instead of sweet potato and peas in the past. delicious! My partner likes his with a dollop of sour cream which is pretty yummy too :).
Gypsy Soup Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. I added some extra mixed beans, chopped cabbage and barley. The sweet potato is great in this soup. I made a huge pot and froze in containers to take to work for lunch- freezes. See more ideas about Recipes, Soup, Soup recipes.