Warm Vegetable Soup. But let's not over look an entire sector of soups that are just as hearty, warming and satisfying: vegetable soups. Creamy Vegetable soup This is a hearty, healthy soup. You can swap and change the vegetables according to what you have, it's a great way of using up.
Our vegetable soup with coconut milk uses red peppers, fresh cilantro, carrots, lime juice, and tomatoes, and these wonderful Thai flavors blend with cumin and cayenne for a mildly spiced creamy. A big bowl of this soup will warm you right to your bones. Nourishing, hearty, and flavorful, it's the perfect winter meal. You can cook Warm Vegetable Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warm Vegetable Soup
- You need 6 of big carrots.
- It’s 5 small of potatoes.
- You need 350 grams of frozen peas.
- You need 300 grams of sweet corn.
- You need 500 grams of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need 1 of curry powder, salt, pepper, parsley, smoked paprika, basil, rosemary, cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 of stock cube.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
Notes: The cinnamon and nutmeg might seem a little strange, but they make the soup smell wonderful and give the taste a warm. Let this simple soup warm you up during the chillier months. View Recipe: Green Vegetable Soup with Lemon-Basil Pesto. Covering the pot when bringing the liquid to a simmer gets this soup ready.
Warm Vegetable Soup step by step
- Wash, peel and roughly chop carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Heat oil in a big pot over medium high heat. Sauté onion and carrots until fragrant.
- Next, add garlic, the bay leaf and potatoes. Sauté for a minute or so before adding enough water to submerge vegetables. Bring to a boil.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Then, add crushed tomatoes, peas, corn and seasoning. Simmer, covered, until potatoes and carrots are fork tender.
- Serve warm with a splash of tabasco.
Nothing chases away the chill like a cozy bowl of soup or stew. White mushrooms, Brussels sprouts and bacon add texture to tender. A proper thick vegetable soup is just the thing to see you through the exhausting run-up to Christmas. Find healthy, delicious vegetable soup recipes including chicken vegetable, minestrone and pea soup. Healthier recipes, from the food and nutrition experts at EatingWell.