Russian Cabbage Soup. Fresh cabbage soup or shchi is one of the national dishes of Russia. It also can be made with sauerkraut This cabbage soup recipe is meatless and contains no sauerkraut. Shchi has been a staple soup in Russian cuisine for centuries, and legends tell of its impact in the I had a bowl of Russian Cabbage Soup today for the first time and was looking for the recipe The.
Get to know the great hearty Russian cuisine with this original classic recipe for Russian cabbage soup! Home » Vegetarian Soups » Shchi (Russian Cabbage Soup Recipe). Russian Cabbage Soup, also called Shchi or S'chee (pronounced similarly to "she") is a traditional old world soup. You can cook Russian Cabbage Soup using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Russian Cabbage Soup
- You need 16 oz of Package of sausage, spicy works best but any will do.
- It’s 1 medium of onion.
- You need 1 small of cabbage.
- It’s 64 oz of Bottle of spicy Bloody Mary mix. For less spice use v8.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt and pepper.
It has many variations, is sometimes made with meat but always has cabbage. Shchi is a rich and hearty Russian Cabbage Soup, made with sauerkraut, cabbage, potatoes and dry mushrooms. Served with sour cream, it's comforting and delicous. Love Jewish food?.to make this cabbage soup, and other dishes with cabbage, which are dear to every Russian.
Russian Cabbage Soup instructions
- Rough chop the onion brown it with the sausage.
- Chop the cabbage add it and the Bloody Mary mix to the pot bring it to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until cabbage is soft..
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Along with borshch, this soup made from sauerkraut is a staple first course on the Russian table. Some Russian people call shchi made of sour cabbage as "sour shchi", but it is not correct. Sour shchi is a beverage very close to kvass, not a soup at all. The beverage is already gone into history. Shchi is one of the classic soups of the Russian cuisine made from raw white cabbage or sauerkraut.