Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4. The most classic way to serve nettles is in nettle soup, made with potatoes, stock, and a little cream. Season to taste, then stir in the butter and cream. Serve the soup drizzled with extra oil and scattered with dead nettle flowers, if you They have either white or purple edible flowers, and can be cooked in the same way as stingers.
Today, nettle soup is mostly eaten in Scandinavia, Iran, Ireland, and Eastern Europe, with regional differences in recipe. Vibrant, luscious Nettle Soup with Tarragon – a simple easy recipe, full of incredible health benefits and lovely flavor. Luxurious and vibrant green, Nettle soup can be made with highly nutritious nettles or baby spinach. You can cook Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4
- You need 20-30 of nettle shoots.
- It’s 1 knob of butter or 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 of medium finely chopped onion.
- It’s 5 of small potatoes (any).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour or GF flour.
- It’s 1 of vegetable or chicken stock cube.
- Prepare of Small bunch of parsley leaves, finely chopped.
- You need of Single or double cream OR Elmlea Plant based cream (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives (optional).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Bread or croutons to serve.
Keep it vegan and add a drizzle of truffle oil, or swirl in yogurt for. This gluten free vegan vegetable soup recipe also reheats very well. You can make it on a Sunday and feel confident about reheating it and Vegetable Soup. Naturally gluten free and vegan. previous post.
Nettle soup – can be prepared VEGAN, and FREE FROM DAIRY AND GLUTEN – Serves 4 step by step
- Sauté the chopped onions on the butter or oil, stirring often – until it’s golden.
- Reduce fire, add the flour, stir for a minute or two, than add a mug of water and stir until it becomes creamy.
- Add stock cube, salt and pepper, stir and turn off the fire..
- Cut off the nettle leaves from the stem. You can use a fork or any other utensil to avoid holding it with your hand..
- Add the chopped potatoes and the nettle to the pot and add enough water to cover it. About 4-5 mugs of water should be sufficient. Turn the heat back on, cover the pot with a lid, and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked..
- Using a hand held blender or any other kind (be careful and make sure it’s suitable to blend hot beverages!!) cream the soup. Than add the finely chopped parsley and blend again if you wish..
- Add some cream if you prefer(4 -5 tbs should be enough) and adjust salt to your liking. To serve, use the chopped chives and another splash of cream to garnish. Enjoy with toast or croutons. Enjoy!.
Perfect valentines day treats that are gluten and dairy free. This is a dense and delicious dark green nettle soup. Make it when nettles show up at the farmers markets in the Spring. this is really good soup! added a bit of lemon juice to my recipe and it came out excellent! Need a gluten-free vegan soup recipe? Browse through dozens here, including some tips for avoiding gluten while making healthy homemade vegan soups.