Root vegetables and white bean soup – vegan. Try this vegan Mediterranean White Bean Soup for lunch of dinner. It's a quick gluten free soup recipe that's filled with vegetables and plant-based protein. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Root Vegetable and Bean Soup Recipe.
If we let them be, they would provide the plant with needed nourishment to thrive. Root vegetables become tender and deeply flavored when cooked slowly in a bit of liquid. You can cook one kind or, better yet, a mixture of root vegetables for. You can cook Root vegetables and white bean soup – vegan using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Root vegetables and white bean soup – vegan
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need of Root vegetables, roughly chopped – i used 2 big carrots and 3 parsnips; squash would also be nice.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of small bunch of fresh rosemary and thyme.
- You need 750 ml of vegan stock.
- You need 1 (400 g) of can white beans eg cannellini, drained and rinsed.
- You need 6-10 leaves of cavolo nero, shredded into small pieces.
With its bounty of farm market fresh root vegetables, this delicious vegan soup is a great choice for an easy autumn weekend meal. Laura Theodore, the Jazzy Vegetarian, is a popular radio host and television personality, vegan chef, sustainable lifestyle blogger, compassionate cookbook author, and. White Beans – use navy, lima, cannellini. Onion and Galic – use fresh, frozen or even garlic powder to flavor your soup to taste.
Root vegetables and white bean soup – vegan step by step
- Preheat a pan (with a lid for later) and add the oil. Then add the leek and onion. Sauté on medium heat for about 10 mins..
- Add the garlic and root veg. And a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for another 3-5 mins..
- Add the herb bundle..
- Then add the stock. Bring to the boil. Put the lid on and simmer for 15-20 mins..
- Check the liquid levels and add more stock if you want. Add the beans. Put the lid back on and cook for about 5 mins..
- Add the cavolo nero. Put the lid back on and cook for another 4-5 mins..
- Serve – maybe with some cheese if you have some. Enjoy 😋.
Potato, Carrot – you can substitute with other vegetables such as celery, sweet potato or zucchini. This Creamy Vegan White Bean Soup comes together with little effort and is a deliciously warming soup you'll be making all winter long! You guys know that I love smoothies, so naturally I also love the savory cousin of smoothies…soup! Throw everything in a pot, taste, adjust as needed, serve. From carrots to potatoes to onions, root vegetables have long been enjoyed as a delicious part of a healthy diet — and for good reason.