Red lentil soup – vegan. It's full of flavor from ginger, garlic, and spices, with a luxuriously rich texture. It's perfect with a squeeze of lemon to brighten things up! All Reviews for Vegan Red Lentil Soup.
It is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, dairy-free and high in protein! Everyone needs a good lentil soup in their back pocket for days when you don't really feel like cooking but want something nourishing on the table fast. This vegan lentil soup is a blended Middle Eastern style lentil soup, made with red lentils and blended for a super creamy and delicious soup! You can have Red lentil soup – vegan using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red lentil soup – vegan
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- It’s of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushes.
- You need 2 of carrots, chopped quite small.
- You need 2 of celery sticks, chopped quite small.
- Prepare 1 of potato, peeled and chopped quite small.
- You need 1/2 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 750 ml of – 1 l vegan/ veggie stock: i start with 750ml and add more if needed.
- It’s of juice of half a lemon.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Some chilli flakes and parsley leaves to garnish if you like.
How To Make Vegan Lentil Soup. Full measurements and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. Lentil soup is comforting, simple, and easy to throw together. It's my go-to meal when I want something hearty but healthy, when I feel like my body needs a reset from a spate of indulgent eating, or when I'm tasked with feeding vegetarian or vegan friends on a chilly day.
Red lentil soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10 mins til the onion is soft..
- Add the cumin, turmeric, cayenne and garlic. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the carrots and celery. Stir for a minute or two. Add the potato. Sauté for a few mins..
- Add the lentils and the stock. Simmer for 25 mins or so until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste..
- Sprinkle some cumin or chilli flakes on top. And a few parsley or celery leaves. Enjoy 😋.
This pared-down red lentil version is. This everyday vegan lentil soup is anything but bland. It's FULL of flavor between the spices, fresh vegetables and even a squeeze of lemon juice at the end. Red lentils are wonderful in many dishes, but not this soup. They are very soft and mushy once cooked.