Vegetarian french onion soup. Now that we have finally gotten deeper into heavy winter weather ( thank you winter storm Jonas!), we wanted to warm you up with a delicious soup recipe. If you're like us, you probably love the warm, comforting taste of a hot bowl of soup when it's chilly outside. French Onion Soup is traditionally made with beef broth – a fact that drove me crazy while growing up vegetarian.
There's no more satisfying dish than a French Onion Soup in the colder months. This one is the vegetarian version, and it's so tasty you'll never know the. This Vegetarian French Onion Soup is VEGAN friendly, simply to make and perfect for cold winter nights when you need something delicious and comforting! You can have Vegetarian french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian french onion soup
- You need 5-6 of White Onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Maida.
- You need 2/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- You need 1 litre of Veg stock.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves,or bundle of herb(thyme, rosemary and bay leaf).
- It’s 4 of thick slices of Garlic Bread.
- You need of Morzzrella Cheese as required.
- Prepare of Processed Cheese as required.
Ooey-gooey, cheesy goodness—French onion soup works for the vegetarian palate and makes the perfect meal on a chilly day. Our favorite French Onion Soup made easy for you. Pour steaming hot french onion soup in soup bowls. Place the cheese toasts on the onion soup.
Vegetarian french onion soup step by step
- Cut White Onion into Halves.Slice them with the help of slicer.Keep aside..
- In heavy bottom non stick pan..add Butter..melt it.. add oil..and also add sliced onions..Mix well,add Salt & Black Pepper powder..
- Saute on Medium flame for 30mins.. continuously..till Onions are finely Caramelized…to nice Brown colour.Add Maida..Saute.fir two minutes…to see no lumps formed…
- Now add Apple Cider Vinegar..again Saute for few minutes..Add Veg stock..and Bay leaves or bundle of mix herbs..
- Let the soup Simmer for 20 mins till thick..on Medium flame..
- To ASSEMBLE. VEGETARIAN FRENCH ONION SOUP.(1-Serving).
- In a Oven proof Soup Bowl..add 2 laddleful of Prepared Onion Soup..
- On it place Thick slice of Toasted & Buttered Garlic Bread.(Cut thick slices from Garlic Bread loaf. apply butter on one side..toast in Airfryer for 3-4mins at180C orToast on Griddle on both sides).
- Now grate loads of both.. Morzzrella Cheese and Processed Cheese..on it..
- Bake in Preheated Oven..till cheese melt in 180C for 10-15mins..
- Relish & serve hot vegetarian french onion soup..
Garnish with some parsley or chives while serving. Vegetarian French Onion Soup: Sweet, caramelized onions in a rich stock covered in melty cheese – it doesn't get much better than that! French onion soup is awesome, but it's usually made with beef stock which is problematic for vegetarians. With a few simple ingredients, it's e… This Vegetarian French Onion Soup is a celebration of the onion. Instead of beef broth, which masks the onion, the slowly caramelized onions make their own sweet, deeply flavorful broth as they cook.