Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. You just add all of the. Well, yes – but that honestly depends on your diet and nutrition goals. I've listed the nutrition under the recipe card, but briefly – bean soup is a great source.
All Reviews for Slow Cooker Fifteen Bean Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Slow Cooker Fifteen Bean Soup. I used the leftover ham bone from Christmas supper (with LOTS of meat left on it), and some. You can have Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Prepare of Optional 👇.
- It’s 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- You need 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- You need 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Prepare of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- It’s 1 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- Prepare of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Slow cooker sloppy joes made with beans and beef! This simple crockpot recipe feeds a crowd and it's perfect for busy back to school dinners or for game day! But if you want to cook it on low it will take at least twice that long. When the beans are soft and the beef is fork tender you know your chili is done!
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
You'll add in the tomato products (the acid in the tomatoes keeps the beans from getting tender so. These slow cooker baked beans cook low and slow for six to eight hours. After six hours, begin tasting the beans for doneness and go ahead and add the salt. The beans are done when they are creamy throughout and the sauce is richly thick. I am really getting into using my slow cooker!