Potato soup. Learn how to make potato soup with the BEST Potato Soup recipe! It's quick and easy to make, nice and creamy (with zero heavy cream), and always so delicious. One of my go-to soup recipes and a reader favorite!
Allrecipes has dozens of easy potato soup recipes, including loaded potato soup and potato leek soup, with hundreds of reviews and photos. Potato soup is definitely on the menu for this weekend, though… it's so frigid outside I've convinced myself that I need soup, specifically creamy potato soup, to survive. Potato Soup Recipes : Brown Potatoes & Carrots for Rich Potato Soup. You can have Potato soup using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato soup
- It’s 2 boxes of chicken broth (32 oz. Each).
- Prepare 2 bags of Frozen potatoes (32 oz. Each).
- Prepare 2 packages of cream cheese (8 oz. Each).
- You need 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 cup of diced Canadian bacon.
- It’s 1 of orange bell pepper diced.
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic diced very fine.
- Prepare of About 6 to 12 fresh Sage leaves diced fine.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Italian parsley chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of celery seed.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Ground thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Seasoned salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Hot Hungarian paprika.
Potato Soup Recipes : Sautee Thin Slices of Garlic to Later Add to Garlic & Sweet Potato Soup. Potato soup is one of the great cold-weather comforts. Rich and velvety when pureed, potatoes create a healthful base for soup and need little in the way of full-fat dairy to achieve an ideal creamy. Homemade potato soup is so easy to make from scratch and beats any restaurant soup.
Potato soup step by step
- First put the chicken broth in a pot over medium-high heat..
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients just about in this order until everybody's in the pool..
- Once the pot gets to be very hot turn the heat down to low or medium and let it simmer for at least 2 hours..
- If the soup is too thick add a little more chicken broth, if it is a little too thin either add some Velveeta cheese (about a third of a package,) which will make the soup a little more cheesy; or add a few tablespoons of mashed potato flakes, which will make the soup have a little more potato flavor..
- Right before serving, add two to three tablespoons of butter..
The base is so creamy, hearty and filling. Potato soup is a hearty soup that is perfect for a cold winter's day or whenever you have a craving for a rich, potato-based dish. You will love this easy homemade potato soup with potatoes, veggies, garlic, and a luscious This soup is comforting and loaded with flavor. Jump to the Easy Homemade Potato Soup Recipe or. This simple potato soup is ultra creamy and comforting!