Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg. Ingredients: Bee Hoon Chicken stock/broth (I made mine by mixing chicken stock powder and water together) Meat(Marinated with soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper. Fish soup bee hoon or fish head bee hoon is a Singaporean- dish made out of rice noodles called bee hoon in rich fish stock made by boiling fish head and bones with hints of milk served with fried fish fillet slices, vegetables and tomatoes. A dish considered to be one of the dishes Singaporeans cannot live.
Make this comforting Singapore style fish bee hoon soup with an addition of XO liquor if you choose too. For baking/ kueh making: I highly encourage to weigh ingredients with a digital kitchen scale instead of. Because this dish is one of my favourite noodle dishes when I want something soupy. You can have Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg
- It’s of Main.
- It’s 100 grams of bee hoon (rice vermicelli).
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of dong cai (preserved Chinese cabbage).
- It’s of Other.
- You need 700 ml of water.
- You need 1 of white pepper powder.
- You need 1 of sesame oil.
Since, I cannot always go to Kuala Lumpur for this, I decided to cook it myself. In this dish, the broth is the main cast and though it might be a tedious process but you will really enjoy it with no regrets. Here is how to make Bee Hoon Soup. Kikkoman Cookbook mainly introduces Japanese dishes using Kikkoman Soy Sauce.
Bee hoon soup with dong cai and egg instructions
- Give dong cai a quick rinse and drain to remove impurities while retaining its flavor..
- Boil water in a small pot. When water starts boiling, cook bee hoon for not more than 2 minutes..
- Add dong cai and crack egg into pot. Give a quick stir to the ingredients till soup turns milky..
- Serve in a big bowl. Add sesame oil and white pepper powder to taste..
Easily search for various recipes for fried, stewed and other foods. You can find something for parties at home, treating guests, and everyday meals. For bee hoon (rice vermicelli) (used in this recipe), soak in water for half hour until softened and blanch in boiling water for about a minute. Divide cooked noodles to serving bowls and ladle cooked fish balls and soup stock over. Bee hoon goreng with kicap manis tempeh – morethanveggies.