Cast iron apple pie. This is a basic, but very good, APPLE PIE video recipe. In this video I will show you how to make a perfect apple pie in a cast iron skillet. A modern version of an old-time favorite uses premade pie crusts to make this three-layer apple pie, baked in a cast iron skillet.
Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. For my money, it's the best dessert to grace our tables and slide down our gullets in the past bazillion years. First: this pie will be baked in a cast iron dutch oven. You can have Cast iron apple pie using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cast iron apple pie
- Prepare 4 pounds of golden delicious apples peeled, cored and sliced (can use any apples good for baking).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 package of refrigerated pie crust (make sure it has top and bottom).
- It’s 1 of egg white.
If you don't have one, you can use a cast iron skillet, but you'll need a lid for it (we don't want ash and coals invading dessert space). Aside from mixing Honeycrisps and green apples, I kept this Cast Iron Apple Pie pretty traditional. I included a bit of ground ginger because I love the flavor of ginger in an apple pie. There are a few benefits to making a pie in a cast iron skillet.
Cast iron apple pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Toss sliced apples in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter in the cast iron skillet and add brown sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and place one pie crust in the pan.
- Add apple mixture and place the other crust on top.
- Whisk egg white and brush over the top of the pie then cut some slits in the top.
- Bake 1 hour.
Two big ones: you get an extra crispy crust and the cast iron pan will keep your pie warm for a while when you go back for seconds. Pie season is here and this Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie is a fun variation on a classic. Cinnamon sugar coated apples sandwiched between two layers of flaky How to Make a Skillet Apple Pie. You start by melting the butter and brown sugar in the cast iron pan, in the oven. After it is melted, I place a layer.