Mike's 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread. I'd recommend you purchasing your garlic from your local Asian market. Great recipe for Mike's Marinara Sauce & Garlic Parmesan Bread. Marinara is a vegetarian Italian style tomato sauce that may have olive oil and cheese – like parmesan.
Unlike raw cloves, there's no bite in Or you can simply spread some on toast. After a little less than an hour, it will be soft like butter. Refrigerated roasted garlic will last in the fridge for a couple of weeks. You can have Mike's 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread
- You need of 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread.
- Prepare 100 clove of Fresh Garlic [look for the whitest & most aromatic cloves you can find].
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cracked Sea Salt [or more].
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sun Dried Tomatoes [seasoned in oil – chopped].
- Prepare to taste of Granulated Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of large Sheets Tinfoil.
- Prepare of Breads.
- It’s of Quality Crackers [i.e., trisket roasted garlic crackers are the best with this].
- Prepare 1 loaf of Quality Sturdy Bread.
- Prepare of Flavor Boosting Options.
- It’s of Red Pepper Flakes [add during roasting].
- Prepare of Lemon Wedges [served to the side of dip].
You can turn the oven on just to roast garlic or throw in a batch next to something Eat roasted garlic straight out of the cloves or spread onto warm bread. Mashing some into butter, sauces and creamy dips is also an excellent idea. I like to cool the roasted garlic cloves before attempting to peel. A little bit of time gives the flesh a chance to soften, which makes it easier to scrape I just did it, and the cloves softened up beautifully.
Mike's 100 Clove Roasted Garlic Spread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Chop the small brown ends from garlic cloves. Place garlic on two sheets of tinfoil..
- Coat garlic cloves in garlic olive oil. Add all seasonings and coat cloves well..
- Double wrap your garlic. You don't want her to burn. Wrap garlic up tightly..
- ● Roast garlic for 45 minutes. Test your garlic. If a knife goes thru them easily – they're fully cooked. ● Lightly coat thick bread slices in butter or olive oil and place in the oven with your garlic. Bake bread for 8 minutes or less depending upon the thickness of your slices..
- Smash your warm garlic with a potato masher or fork..
- Taste test your garlic mixture and see if you'd like to add more cracked sea salt. Sea salt really does make this dish!.
- Chop sun dried tomatoes and mix well into your smashed roasted garlic clove mixture..
- Seal her up tight and let her sweat for a half hour. Stir intermittently..
- I typically Mason jar these and give them as gifts..
- ● Serve spread warm or cold on toasted bread, quality crackers or heavy duty chips. Roasted Garlic Trisket Crackers are the BOMB with this spread! ● Here in New Mexico, we typically squeeze lemon or lime wedges on everything we eat. But, lemon tastes much better on this spread IMHO. Consider those additions. They really do pair well and contradict the sweetness of the garlic and the sun dried tomatoes. Enjoy!.
I plan to mash with a little olive oil and spread it over my foccacia dough before adding sliced tomato. Roasting garlic tempers its intense taste and makes it readily spreadable. This means you can spread it on bread. Or, add the roasted garlic to meat, poultry, fish, vegetables and herb While whole garlic bulbs are often roasted unpeeled, it's even easier to roast and work with pre-peeled individual cloves. Spread the vegetables out in a large baking pan or roasting dish.