Mike's Hatch Green Chilie Dip. Tangy, creamy and full of green chile flavor, this Creamy Hatch Green Chile Dip is a must when fresh Hatch green chiles are in season. I think my love of those green chiles is one thing that has stuck with me from New Mexico. I vividly remember when you could drive by and see the big roasting drums.
It was gone in minutes and everyone begged me for the recipe. Hoping this Hatch Green Chile Queso, which has neither bacon nor beer, will count for something? So even though I know we girls do love our queso, this I like to make it in my cast iron skillet because the pan holds heat well and keeps the dip warm when I serve it. You can have Mike's Hatch Green Chilie Dip using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Hatch Green Chilie Dip
- It’s of Hatch Green Chile Dip.
- Prepare 1 cup of Hot Hatch Green Chilies [peeled – 95% de-seeded – chopped – packed].
- It’s 2 cup of Shreadded Motzerella [room temp].
- Prepare 1 cup of Shreadded Mexican 3 Cheese [room temp].
- It’s 1 packages of 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese [room temp].
- You need 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Fresh Cilantro [rough chopped – packed – stems removed].
- It’s 1 can of 10 oz ROTEL Tomatoes With Green Chilies [fully drained].
- It’s 2 tbsp of White Onions [fine chop].
- You need 2 tsp of Fresh Garlic [fine minced].
- It’s 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Mexican Oregano [crushed].
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Options.
- You need 1 tsp of Green Chilie Powder [see attachment for info].
- It’s of Fresh Lime Wedges.
- Prepare of Tortilla Chips.
Even though Hatch green chiles are not. Hatch green chile pepper season is here. There's nothing like the smell of freshly picked Hatch Green Chile Peppers roasting over a hot flame. I put it in my Refried Bean and Cheese Dip.
Mike's Hatch Green Chilie Dip step by step
- ° Peel your Hatch Green Chilies and remove about 95% of the seeds and chop. Do not rinse chilies. ° Authors Note: I've not tried this dish with canned green chilies, only roasted Hatch Chilies. But, I'd imagine in a pinch, 1 cup canned – chopped chilies might work..
- Mix together all ingredients and heat in the microwave just until you can blend it all well by hand..
- For presentation purposes, bake this spicy dip [350° for 25 minutes or until bubbling] in the serving dishes you intend to serve your guests in. Individual ramakins or small cast iron skillets work well. Or, a large, oven safe bowl if you're serving your guests communally..
- Authors Notes: This dip also goes well on grilled cheese sandwiches and hamburgers. ° Serve with tortilla chips and lime wedges to the side. Garnish with fresh Cilantro. Enjoy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/340607-mikes-roast-ur-own-chiles-20-recipes.
There are many way you can spice up your food with the Green Chile Power. Hatch, New Mexico Green Chile is known for its spice and its world-class flavor and not to mention, its what just about every New Mexican loves. Beer Battered Hatch Green Chile Strips with Green Chile Cilantro Dipping Sauce Recipe. Our family has been growing chile in the Hatch Valley since the beginning, literally! Blue Moose Green Chile Cheddar Dip