Capitol Hill Bean Soup. You could say it's a rare unanimous mandate. This navy bean soup is packed with flavor. A ham bone or ham hocks provide the seasoning, and fresh chopped vegetables add color and nutrients.
Be the first to review this recipe. Congee With Scallion – Avocado Sauce. This is one of Pastor Chopp's favorites. You can have Capitol Hill Bean Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Capitol Hill Bean Soup
- It’s 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- It’s 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- It’s 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- You need 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- It’s 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- You need 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Remove from heat; cover and soak overnight in refrigerator. So, I told you about the brisket. Or, the way we talk about it, thhhuuuuh brisssssket, it's deliciousness making our syllables stretch out melodramatically. We pulled it into tacos with slaw … Capitol Hill Bean Soup – Recipe – Cooks.com.
Capitol Hill Bean Soup step by step
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
Capitol Hill Seasoning is an all purpose seasoning handcrafted by Savory Spice. Named after the bustling Capitol Hill neighborhood in Denver, Colorado, this seasoning is a longtime customer favorite. On Capitol Hill, the powerful eat in. He who can leave for an extensive lunch is not writing a bill, strong-arming a senator, hectoring a committee Senate bean soup, as elsewhere, is always available at many places around the Capitol, and routinely oversalted. Senate Bean Soup or simply Senate bean soup is a soup made with navy beans, ham hocks, and onion.