"Baked French Onion" Soup.
You can have "Baked French Onion" Soup using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Baked French Onion" Soup
- It’s 4 of Onions.
- Prepare 96 oz of (3- 32 oz. containers) beef broth or beef stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of french bread.
- You need 1 of freshly shredded cheese of your choice. I used alehouse cheddar.
"Baked French Onion" Soup instructions
- Slice onions.
- On medium high heat, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in pot and put all onions in. Salt and pepper thoroughly..
- Stir occasionally until unions get soft and brown. About 30-45 minutes..
- Add Worcestershire sause, thyme and bay leaf while cooking the onions..
- When browned, add in all the broth. Stir well and let simmer for a couple hours..
- Slice thin slices of french bread and toast. Butter both side if you wish..
- Fill oven safe bowl with soup place toasted french bread on top and top with cheese..
- Broil until melted and slightly brown..
- Served with a panini..