Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup. What Kind of Beans Do I Use? What to Serve with Bean Soup. While this soup itself is vegan, I ended up topping it with some shaved parmesan.
If you're looking for a low-fat vegetarian or vegan bean soup recipe, try these. Use canned black beans and salsa to get this super easy black bean soup onto the table in just a few minutes. The cheese and sour cream are. You can cook Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup
- It’s Half of cup dried chickpeas.
- It’s Half of cup red kidney beans.
- It’s 1 cup of bulgur.
- Prepare Half of cup brown lentils.
- Prepare of One-fourth cup short grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 1 table spoon of powdered dried mint.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of Canola oil.
- It’s Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need of Lemon wedges to serve.
- Prepare of Extra golden brown fried onion for garnish.
Serve with a chunk of crusty bread. I have also added potatoes and green chilies. Hearty flavorful and easy to make. This is my favorite bean soup recipe.
Easy vegetarian bulgur and beans soup step by step
- Soak chickpeas and red kidney/ pinto beans in water overnight..
- Drain and cook them in enough water in a pot with lid on for about 2 hours. After 90 minutes(30 minutes before chickpeas and beans fully cooked) add lentils. Wash bulgur and rice and drain and keep them aside while lentils not yet cooked. Meanwhile fry the onion in non stick pan with some canola oil until crispy brown. Add mint, turmeric and black pepper and stir few seconds with onions. Remove from the pan and put them in a plate..
- When chickpeas and beans and lentils cooked through, add bulgur, rice and salt. When rice is soft, add onion and mint mixture and continue cooking until soup become thick..
- Serve the soup with lemon wedges..
It's super tasty and easy to make; especially if you're a kid.kids love beans right? These easy vegetarian soup recipes have just what you need to cook up some amazing soups, stews, chowders, and more. One trick to whipping up a meat-free dish that's still filling is by ensuring you use plenty of protein-packed ingredients. There are several bean recipes, like the Tuscan white. This is a really easy soup to make, it cooks really fast without many steps, and is very rich with black beans.